Angela Lansbury was born on October 16, 1925. She has a career spanning almost 80 years and has won numerous awards
Angela Lansbury, the legendary Lady in Yellow, is 94 years old. It was born on October 16th 1925.
The actress has a career spanning almost 80 years. She debuted in 1944 in the film Angoscia by George Cukor, for which she was nominated for an Oscar for best supporting actress. However, the prestigious statuette only got it in 2014 for his career. Angela has won several awards, including numerous Toni Awards and 6 Golden Globes for the Lady in Yellow, the original title was Murder, She wrote, where she plays the role of Jessica Fletcher, the mystery writer who relentlessly solves mysteries and crimes, a character who consecrated her in the Olympus of the immortals.
Today it is still very active, it travels the world and everywhere it always gets a great success. She also intervened in the Weinstein case, arousing considerable controversy.
Here are some curiosities that perhaps not everyone knows about her:
- Angela Lansbury is a daughter of art. His mother, Moyna MacGill, was an actress.
- The Lady in Yellow was born in London but has lived in the United States since the 1940s. The Queen gave her the title of Lady.
- Protagonist of legendary films such as brass Pomi and broomsticks, we will soon see her on the big screen in Il ritorno di Mary Poppins.
- Lansbury had two husbands. She married in 1945 with actor Richard Cromwell, but the marriage ended after a year when she learned of his bisexuality. In 1949 he married the actor and producer Peter Shaw, who died in 2003, from whom he had two children, Anthony Pullen and Deirdre Angela.
- Angela has three grandchildren by her son and since 2007 she is great-grandmother.