A batch of coloring markers is the subject of a product recall. Because they exceed the recommended thresholds of phthalates, these products can be hazardous to health. Explanations.
Be careful if you have recently purchased school supplies for your child’s back to school. Recall Conso has issued a product recall for a batch of TOP BUDGET brand coloring pens, marketed in Intermarché stores from 01/26/2023 to 08/11/2023. Due to the presence of phthalates, these are no longer available for sale. If you have this lot, TipsForWomens takes stock of the procedure to follow.
Presence of phthalates in felts
Here is the information you need to know about this batch of incriminated coloring pens:
- Product category: Babies-Children (excluding food);
- Product Subcategory: Toys;
- Product Brand Name: TOP BUDGET;
- Model names or references: 3410280109275 pouch of 18 TOP BUDGET coloring pens;
- Identification des produitsGTINLot3410280109275 ;
- Lot : 130341 130534 130697 ;
- Packaging: Plastic pouch;
- Marketing start/end date: From 01/26/2023 to 08/11/2023;
- Geographical area of sale: entire France;
- Distributors: INTERMARCHE.
COLORING PENS x18 medium tip – TOP BUDGET
Risks: Internal damage
Reason: Presence of phthalates in the plastic of the feltshttps://t.co/JnbWmqfBdP pic.twitter.com/p72jr3gfwK
— Consum Reminder (@Consum Reminder) August 24, 2023
Return the product
Still according to the site of dangerous product alerts, following checks, “exceeding the thresholds of phthalates authorized by the REACH regulation, resulting in a risk of ingestion of these compounds” has been highlighted.
As a precaution, it is recommended not to let your child use them. Indeed, ANSES considers this chemical derivative of phthalic acid as an endocrine disruptor. Some phthalates have even been classified by the European Chemicals Agency as carcinogenic. However, you can return the lot to the point of sale to receive a refund.
For any further information, contact 08 05 10 11 15.