“Cinnamon, or cinnamon, is a spice native to the Island of Ceylon”
Active ingredients and properties
- The unmistakable scent of cinnamon is due to a cocktail of essences: among the most important, cinnamic aldehyde and eugenol.
- Cinnamon extracts are a panacea for the stomach and intestines: they promote digestion and block intestinal fermentations.
- According to the latest research, the essence is a true natural antibiotic, to be used to strengthen the defenses against flu and bronchitis. On the skin it fights infections and mycosis and also relieves gingivitis.
- It has an invigorating effect: it lifts morale, communicates optimism and warms the eros.
- According to the latest research, cinnamon would help lower blood sugar levels, helping to prevent diabetes. However, the mechanism of action is still unclear. Two possibilities are hypothesized: cinnamon it would reduce the absorption of glucose limiting the digestion of complex sugars. Or it would enhance the action of insulin by acting on the insulin receptors or on other molecules that carry sugars in the adipocytes.
How do you find it
- Peel In the kitchen and in herbal medicine it makes better than ready-made powder. Grate it at the last moment on sweets, cooked fruit, hot milk. Remember that by using it often in cooking to flavor desserts, cinnamon allows you to reduce the amount of sugar.
- Herbal tea Against difficult digestion and as an anti-stress tonic, prepare an infusion by pouring a cup of boiling water onto a teaspoon of crumbled cinnamon peel. Let it rest for 10 minutes and filter. Drink two cups a day after meals. If you aim to lower your blood sugar, remember that simple herbal tea does not provide the necessary amount of active ingredients and you must resort to supplements (under medical supervision).
- Essence Take a couple of drops (important: choose the best quality) with a teaspoon of honey against heaviness in the stomach, abdominal cramps and during the flu. A few drops added to the shower soap gives you a boost in the morning. Add it to massage oil to dissolve muscle contractures and cellulite (1 drop per tablespoon of base oil).
- Supplements Usually compounds in association with other substances (such as mulberry or lipoic acid) are prescribed by the nutritionist to improve digestion and regulate the metabolism of sugars and fats.
In home If the children are upset, put a diffuser in their room with seven drops of orange essence and two of cinnamon: they will calm down.
For love An erotic massage for him? A few drops of essence mixed in sweet almond oil and rubbed on the sides of the sacrum.
Cinnamon in high dosages, taken by mouth, it can cause diarrhea and allergies. The essence, if applied pure on the skin, can cause irritation and dermatitis. Test by smearing a drop on your forearm.
School of botany
Cinnamon (Cinnamomun zeylanicum) is a small evergreen tree of the lauraceae family. Today it is cultivated, as well as in its places of origin, in various tropical countries of Central and South America. The part used is the bark of the younger branches which, drying, rolls up taking the shape we are used to seeing. Keep it in tightly closed glass containers.
With the advice of Marilla Buratti, an expert in natural therapies in Milan