It is exam time for many students and nutrition is also essential: this is the diet for those who study.
In this period many students are required to take exams. Thousands of high school students are currently facing the final exams, while the university students are taking the exams for the summer session.
And between the heat and intense study days, facing this particularly stressful period is not easy. Here’s why it is important to eat the right way to be able to face everything in the best possible way.
From a nutritional point of view, therefore, those who study will not have to miss anything but over time they will not have to get heavy. Body and mind will have to travel hand in hand to successfully pass exams. Let’s find out then the ideal diet for those who study.
Here’s what to include in the diet for those who study
Very often, those who study need energy to feed the brain and make it work at its best. Also, in the heat of these days it is easy to fall prey to drowsinessespecially in the afternoon when temperatures get even higher.
Very often this type of disorder is also due to the physiological fatigue of the period incorrect eating habits such as a diet too rich in sugar and therefore hyperglycemic or on the contrary hypoglycemic.
It is caused by too little sugar consumption or by not eating in the morning or by too restrictive diets, absolutely not indicated in times like these.
So let’s discover the diets for those who study: here it is what to eat to better face the exams.
1) Yes to carbohydrates. Better still if we choose the whole wheat ones with a low glycemic index. Spelled, barley, quinoa, for example, we can use them to prepare fresh salads.
2) Protein for lunch and carbohydrates for dinner. To counteract post-lunch sleepiness, it is advisable to introduce more proteins in the 1pm meal and in the evening take more carbohydrates which instead facilitate sleep. However, let’s not forget that even a dose of carbohydrates should always be included at lunch, just as a portion of protein should be considered at dinner. It is important to choose only one carbohydrate and one protein.
3) Consume lots of fruit and vegetables. At least 5 servings a day of fruit and vegetables are needed to introduce vitamins, minerals and fiber. We can insert a fruit or an orange juice in the morning, a fruit-based snack in the middle of the morning and another in the middle of the afternoon. We can consume the two portions of vegetables, one for lunch and the other for dinner.
4) Don’t skip snacks. We can opt for a yogurt, a healthy food, here you will find the characteristics and types to choose it, that we can introduce at breakfast or in snacks. Fresh or dried fruit is also good.
5) Don’t skip breakfast. The most important meal of the day, the one that gives us the charge in the morning, should not be skipped. Also because starting to study without having nourished the body would be an impossible undertaking.
6) Choose antioxidant foods. Since the brain is subjected to oxidative stress, it is good to choose foods rich in vitamin C including tomatoes, strawberries, kiwis, red fruits and citrus fruits.
7) Take Omega-3. The so-called good fats which we find above all in blue fish or salmon. But also in mackerel, avocado and dried fruit.