Since Friday, a batch of prawns believed to contain a dangerous bacteria has been the subject of a recall. Discover the references of these products not to consume.
Since January 19, 2024, whole prawns from the U brand have been recalled. These seafood could contain the dangerous bacteria Vibrio vulnificus. TipsForWomens details which product is affected and explains the procedure to follow.
Whole prawns: details of the product concerned
On the product label, you can find the following information:
- Food / Fishing and aquaculture products WHOLE RAW PRAWNS ASC U 600 G
- Marque : U
- Model or reference: Whole raw prawns ASC U 600 g
- • GTIN 3256227108310 Minimum durability date 01/07/2025
- • GTIN 3256227108310 Minimum durability date 02/07/2025
- • GTIN 3256227108310 Minimum durability date 07/22/2025
- Packaging: 600 g box
- Storage temperature: Product to be stored in the freezer
- Geographical sales area: entire Europe
- Distributors: U Stores
What are the risks of such consumption?
These prawns have been recalled because they may contain the bacteria Vibrio vulnificus. Belonging to the same family as cholera, it is found all over the world, in warm salty or brackish waters. You can therefore be infected when you consume contaminated seafood like these prawns.
Symptoms of a bacterial infection Vibrio injurious (flesh-eating bacteria) can result in gastrointestinal problems which can lead to septicemia or even death… If these contaminated prawns are handled, it is possible to see skin infections appear on your pre-existing wounds.
For your health, it is therefore recommended not to consume this product and to return it to the point of sale. You can also benefit from a refund until February 5, 2024. For any further information, please contact the following number: 09.69.36.69.36.
Surprisingly, these are the same products that were recalled at the end of December…