A batch of ketchup is the subject of a product recall, issued by the government site Rappel Conso. As a precaution, the latter has been removed from many points of sale across Europe. We take stock.
The batch of ketchup subject to a product recall is that of the PRIMEAL brand, marketed in stores specializing in ORGANIC products. This ketchup presents an abnormal swelling of the bottle with an organoleptic alteration (the color, the taste, or the smell). Explanations.
What batch is it?
The incriminated batch of ketchup is a 560g bottle which was marketed from 06/20/2023 to 08/03/2023. Here is all the information you need to know about this product:
- Product Category: Food;
- Product Sub-Category: Soups, Sauces & Condiments;
- Product Brand Name: PRIMEAL;
- Model names or references: KETCHUP 560G BIO PRIMEAL;
- GTIN : 3700477609290173 ;
- Lot : M 158 ;
- Date of minimum durability 07/12/2024;
- Packaging: 560g bottle;
- Marketing start/end date: From 06/20/2023 to 08/03/2023;
- Storage temperature: Product to be stored at room temperature;
- Additional information: Lot number identification on the cap;
- Geographical area of sale: entire Europe;
- Distributors: Organic specialty stores.
KETCHUP – PRIMEAL
Risks: Organoleptic changes
Reason: Possible swelling of the bottle and organoleptic alteration.https://t.co/d7rTRSmZG7 pic.twitter.com/rUQoArwTc3
— Consum Reminder (@Consum Reminder) August 16, 2023
A health risk
As the hazardous product alerts site states, this ketchup may have a swollen bottle. It was also found that this product has an organoleptic defect. Organoleptic qualities are all the characteristics of a food or drink, perceived by taste, smell, sight, touch or hearing. These organoleptic qualities can be degraded and therefore lead to an alteration, which can have an impact on the consumer.
Due to a health risk, the latter has therefore been withdrawn from sales outlets. If you have this batch of ketchup, Rappel Conso strongly advises not to consume it. You can also return this product to the point of sale. A refund will be offered to you as compensation. For all inquiries, you can reach this number 0475324360.