From 15 March half of Italy is in the red zone and the self-certification is back to show in case of control: how to download and fill it in
From March 15, ten regions return to the red zone as a result of the decree approved by the Council of Ministers on March 12 which integrated some new, more restrictive measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus.
The provision established the transition to the red zone for those Regions in which there is a cumulative weekly incidence of infections exceeding 250 cases per 100,000 inhabitants, regardless of the other parameters relating to the color of the area (thus making the transition to the red zone in these automatic cases and no longer at the discretion of the Regions). As a result of this rule, Emilia Romagna, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Lazio, Lombardy, Marche, Piedmont, Puglia, Veneto and the Autonomous Province of Trento, Campania and Molise have changed color and have become red.
In these Regions, therefore, the self-certification to be shown in the event of a check also returns to declare that the move complies with one of the criteria for which it is envisaged, namely:
- for proven reasons of work, health or necessity: in these cases also to another Region or Autonomous Province;
- the return to their residence, domicile or home, including the return to second homes located inside and outside the Region.
Self-certification, the rules and when to submit it
In the red zone, travel is only allowed for comparative reasons of work, health and necessity. In order to circulate, the appropriate self-certification must therefore be completed, to be presented to the police for any checks.
According to what is detailed in the Government Faq relating to the decree of 13 March, one must always be able to demonstrate that the movement is among those allowed, also through self-certification, which can also be provided by the state or local police forces.
The justification of the work reason can also be proven by showing, for example, adequate documentation provided by the employer (badges or similar) suitable to demonstrate the declared condition. "The truthfulness of the self-declarations will be subject to subsequent checks and the ascertained falsity of what has been declared constitutes a crime".
Self-certification, how to fill in and where to download it
As already mentioned, the self-declaration form can also be provided by the police and completed at the time of the check. However, it is always good to have the updated form on hand (you can download it here)
The self-certification contains the text you see reproduced below in all its parts. The fields to be filled in are:
- name and surname
- place and date of birth
- residential address (and possibly domicile address)
- document details (identity card, driving license or passport: number, issued by, on …)
- telephone number
- reason for moving (if different from proven work needs or health reasons): it must be a reason of absolute necessity
- where did the move start from (full address)
- destination address
- any additional statements relating to the move
- Red zone, the new rules for hairdressers, travel, self-certifications
- New colors of the Regions: which ones pass to the red zone and what can be done
- Easter 2021, red zone (almost) for everyone: what can be done
- Draghi Decree, the rules for travel and home visits
- New colors of the Regions, which ones become orange and what can be done