Are you preparing for a tanning holiday? Don't forget to protect your hair too and we'll tell you how to do it.
Sunscreens for hair are a must have if you want to take care of your hair 365 days a year. In addition to wearing a hair, a scarf or a bandana that helps protect the skin from any burns, it is good to treat the hair with products, to be applied before, during and after exposure, which protect the fiber and avoid any damage by UVA and UVB.
Why does hair need protection?
Hair care must be 365 days a year, but during the summer and in the periods when you are exposed to more direct sunlight, it is good to add extra steps and products to your usual hair care routine. In fact, in the warmer months, the hair undergoes greater stress: ultraviolet rays, the famous UVA and UVB, tend to break the bonds between the keratin cells, thus weakening the hair fiber itself.
But not only that, in addition to the sun's rays, chlorine and salt tend to attack the hair causing a strong dehydrating effect making it more dry, stringy and frizzy. All this, therefore, will increase the appearance of split ends and make the hair dull and lifeless.
Further attention, then, to colored and bleached hair that could turn shades yellowing or turning towards red due to prolonged sun exposure. All the more reason to protect them even more carefully.
Hair in the summer, tips and good habits to follow
To understand how to have healthy hair even under the sun of the hottest months, there are small tips and good habits to follow to avoid damaging them and have a bright and beautiful hair:
- Wear a hat: trivial, but useful. A physical filter between the sun and the hair is the best solution to protect not only the hair itself, but also to protect the skin which is very delicate and could burn very easily.
- Apply the products before exposure: just like for body sunscreens, applying the products to the hair even before leaving home or exposure allows it to penetrate deeply, acting even more decisively.
- Yes to masks: implementing the use of moisturizing masks during the hottest months and on vacation days where the sun is direct will allow you to restore stability to the hair by adding the right amount of hydration and nourishment.
- You start with a healthy hair: you always think of postponing the hairdresser, and the appointment with the scissors, after the summer but opting for a cut before check-in is the right choice to start already with a strong and nourished base that will suffer less during the holidays.
- Use a wide-toothed comb: after a bath, in the pool or at the sea, combing your hair is the best way to allow the products to be applied to penetrate deeply. In order not to damage them, however, it is better to use a wide-toothed brush that will remove the knots without damaging or tearing them.
- Reapply the product after each bath: after applying the sunscreen on body and hair, don't forget to reapply the sunscreen for hair as well. Only in this way will you be able to preserve color and shine.
The must-have products to have in your beach bag
What must never be missing in your beach bag, and not only, during the holidays to protect and preserve your hair? We have selected the must haves for a healthy, shiny hair without split ends.
Pupa, multifunction tanning water
A multipurpose product for both hair and body. To be sprayed all over the body to refresh and moisturize, it removes salt after swimming in the sea and counteracts dryness caused by sun, wind and chlorine. Vaporizing it on the hair will help to detangle and comb it more easily.
Biopoint Solaire, After Sun Repair Treatment
A pamper to use after a day in the sun, for an intensive action against drying out by the sun and the sea. A formula enriched with Collagen Proteins, Vitamin E and Grape Extract, moisturizing and nourishing agents for hydrated, soft and soft hair.
Schwarzkopf Professional, BC Bonacure Sun Protect
Ideal for keeping hair nourished and full of vitality in combination with an intense and very pleasant scent. Ideal for moisturizing the hair, making it soft and light and making it easier to comb even after exposure. Also great for UV protection.
Cocunat, Boombastic base
After a day in the sun, it is better to add 30 minutes of intense nutrition to recover the hair, strand by strand. An intensive treatment for damaged, dry, colored and curly hair with lauric, linoleic and carotenoid acids, penetrates the hair shaft, prevents the loss of proteins and strengthens the hair fiber. Ideal for slowing down the anti-frizz effect as well.
Klorane, nourishing shampoo with organic Tamanu and Monoï
With Tahitian Monoï and BIO Tamanu Oil, it is the ideal shampoo to eliminate everything that attacks the hair fiber and compensate for the drying effect of UV rays thanks to its nourishing formula. A must have for colored or streaked hair.
Tag: Tanning Hair Skin Care Face & Body