Batches of ground coffee sold at Leclerc are subject to a product recall. The reason ? The presence of mycotoxins causing a health risk. We explain what to do if you have purchased this product.
Certain batches of “pure arabica ground coffee 200 g” from the PLANTATION brand, marketed between August 25 and October 18, 2023, have been recalled. The product may contain mycotoxins (ochratoxin A). It is recommended, for your health, not to consume them.
Ground coffee: presence of risky substances
The ground coffee affected by the recall has the following information on the label:
- Product category: Food
- Product subcategory: Cocoa, coffee and tea
- Marque : Plantation
- Model or reference: PURE GROUND ARABICA BRAZIL COFFEE – 250G
- GTIN : 3564700618424
- Lots : LB68232291 A 3233 HH:MM et LB68232291 A 3234 HH:MM
- Additional identification information: Only products bearing the additional code 04 following the barcode and the combination of markings framed in red are affected by the recall.
- Minimum durability date: 08/16/2024
- Packaging: 250 g bag
- Start/end date of marketing: from 08/25/2023 to 10/18/2023
- Storage temperature: Product to be stored at room temperature
- Geographical sales area: entire Europe
- Distributors: E. LECLERC
What should you do?
Pure Arabica coffee sachets have been recalled because a check revealed the presence of mycotoxins (ochratoxin A). Mycotoxins are substances produced by fungi that sometimes grow on plant products. Large and repeated consumption of these substances poses a health risk.
Consumers are therefore invited to no longer consume this product and to return it to the point of sale by contacting the 08 00 86 52 86.
Purchasers of the product can also be reimbursed until December 18, 2023, the end date of the recall procedure.