A charcuterie salad is the subject of a product recall. The reason ? The presence of Listeria bacteria causing a health risk. We explain what to do if you have purchased this product.
The product “provencal charcuterie salad” from the SALFADIS brand has been recalled. This would contain traces of Listeria. For your health, it is not recommended to consume this product.
Provençal-style charcuterie salad: presence of Listeria
The product affected by the recall has the following information on the label:
- Product category: Food
- Product subcategory: Meats
- Brand: SALFADIS
- Model or reference: PROVENCALE CHARCUTIERE SALAD 1.8 Kg
- GTIN : 3453593226345
- Lots : 068324044415523
- Additional information to identify the product: Sliced pork head in vinaigrette sauce
- Use-by date: 10/31/2023
- Packaging: Sold in the cutting section. Packaging made in store. Sold at the store in heat-sealed white trays with a black tray containing the vinaigrette in the middle
- Start/end date of marketing: from 10/13/2023 to 11/03/2023
- Storage temperature: Product to be stored in the refrigerator
- Geographical sales area: entire Europe
- Distributors: SYSTEME U
What to do if you have consumed the product
Provencal charcuterie salad was recalled due to microbiological non-compliance. Indeed, analyzes of the product revealed traces of the Listeria bacteria. This can lead to a risk of listeriosis for the consumer. This bacterial infection can be serious and has an incubation period of eight weeks. Known symptoms include fever, headache and body aches.
If you experience these symptoms, it is important to contact your doctor as soon as possible and report the consumption of this product.
The government website states: “Serious forms with neurological complications and maternal or fetal damage in pregnant women can also sometimes occur. Pregnant women as well as immunocompromised people and the elderly should be particularly attentive to these symptoms..
Therefore, consumers of this product are invited not to consume it, destroy it and return it to the point of sale. Reimbursement of this product is also possible until November 4, 2023, in order to compensate for this error. For any further information, a contact number has been set up: 0494196390.