Food products (carrots, salad and celery) from the Casino brand are subject to a recall due to the presence of a descaling product. TipsForWomens explains what to do if you have purchased one of these products.
The CASINO brand “Grated Carrots”, “Vegetable Macedonia” and “Celery Remoulade” products have been recalled. The latter would be contaminated by a descaling product. For your health, it is recommended not to consume these products.
Carrot, salad and celery products: presence of a descaler
The products affected by the recall have the following information on the label:
- Product category: Food
- Product subcategory: Prepared meals and snacks
- Marque : Casino
- Models or references: Celery remoulade 300g – Casino, Grated carrots 300g – Casino, Mixed vegetables – 300g – Casino.
- Packaging: Plastic container + lid
- Start/end date of marketing:
Grated carrots: from 10/27/2023 to 11/01/2023,
Celery remoulade: from 10/30/2023 to 11/01/2023,
Mixed vegetables: from 10/28/2023 to 11/01/2023
- Storage temperature: Product to be stored in the refrigerator
- Geographical sales area: entire Europe
- Distributors: CASINO, VIVAL, SPAR and Casino distribution networks
What to do if you have consumed these products
These three products have been recalled due to chemical contamination. Indeed, the analyzes revealed the presence of a descaling product in the water. Ingesting a small quantity of descaling product can cause irritation of the mucous membranes and lead to nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Therefore, consumers of these products are invited to no longer consume them, destroy them and return them to the point of sale. A refund is also offered until November 19, 2023, to compensate for this error.
For any further information, a contact number has been set up: 0800133016.