Homemade face masks are becoming more and more popular, primarily because they allow full control over their ingredients. They are free from preservatives, dyes and other chemical additives, which is especially important for people with sensitive skin or prone to allergies. We recommend a linseed mask.
Additionally, the cost of their preparation is much lower than the price of ready-made masks available in drugstores. One of the natural ingredients that has excellent care and anti-aging properties is linseed.
Linseed – properties
Linseeds, or flax seeds, are small, shiny and rich in oils. They have been known for centuries for their beneficial properties both in medicine and skin care. Flax seeds contain mucus, which soothes and moisturizes the skin and helps maintain its natural hydro-lipid coat. In addition, linseed has anti-inflammatory and fungicidal properties, making it recommended in the fight against skin problems such as acne and dermatitis. Its anti-wrinkle properties result from the presence of phytohormones, which are often used in expensive cosmetics.
Flaxseed is beneficial not only for the skin, but also for the hair and nails. In medicine, they are used to improve intestinal peristalsis and treat digestive system diseases. It also has supportive properties in the treatment of upper respiratory tract diseases.
Homemade linseed mask
Preparing a homemade linseed mask is very simple. You will need a tablespoon of linseed, half a glass of water and a teaspoon of honey.
- Pour half a glass of water over the linseed and bring to a boil. After cooling, add honey and mix thoroughly. You can also use ground linseed seeds by pouring water over them and waiting 10 minutes.
- Apply the mask to your face for about 20 minutes. It is perfect for dry and sensitive skin. Honey added to the mask has additional antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It can also be used on the neckline and hands.
Flaxseed facial mask is known for its numerous skin benefits, which has made it a popular ingredient in home skin care. Here are the key properties of this product:
- Linseed is rich in mucus, which intensively moisturizes the skin. This is especially beneficial for people with dry skin because it helps retain moisture in the epidermis.
- The linseed mask has soothing properties, making it ideal for people with sensitive skin or skin irritated by external factors.
- Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, a linseed mask can help reduce skin redness and inflammation, including acne.
- Linseed gently cleanses pores, which helps remove impurities and excess sebum.
- Regular use of a linseed mask can help increase skin elasticity, which makes the skin firmer and smoother.
- Flaxseeds contain phytohormones that may help fight signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Regular use of the mask can help to improve the overall texture of the skin, making it more smooth and radiant.
- The linseed mask helps soften the skin, making it softer to the touch.
A linseed mask is easy to prepare and use, and its regular use can bring significant benefits to the health and appearance of the skin. It is a natural and effective care method, ideal for people looking for an alternative to commercial cosmetic products.
Linseed mask for hair
Linseed hair mask is valued for its numerous benefits that help in the care and improvement of hair condition. Here are some key properties of a linseed mask:
- Moisturization: Linseed is a natural source of mucus that moisturizes the hair and scalp. This is especially beneficial for people with dry, brittle or damaged hair.
- Damage Prevention: Regular use of a linseed mask can help protect your hair from damage caused by external factors such as heat styling, sunlight and environmental pollution.
- Strengthening hair: A linseed mask can help strengthen hair from the roots to the ends, reducing brittleness and preventing split ends.
- Improved appearance and shine: Regular use of the mask can give your hair a healthier appearance, making it shinier and softer to the touch.
- Regulation of sebaceous glands: Flaxseed can help balance sebum production, which is beneficial for people with oily hair problems.
- Stimulation of hair growth: Thanks to the content of valuable nutrients, linseed can support hair growth and improve its overall condition.
- Soothing Scalp Irritations: Thanks to its soothing properties, flaxseeds can help soothe irritated and itchy scalps.
- Treatment of dandruff: Due to its anti-inflammatory and fungicidal properties, linseed can be used to fight dandruff and other scalp problems.
A linseed mask is easy to prepare and use, and its regular use can bring significant benefits to the health and appearance of your hair.
To prepare a hair mask, pour flax seeds up to ¼ cup and pour boiling water over the rest. Set aside for a quarter of an hour. Once cool, strain through a strainer to remove any remaining grains. Apply the sticky mass to your hair and leave for half an hour, then rinse thoroughly. Use once a week for best results.