Jello skin is a skincare concept from Korea that gives skin as supple and resilient as fresh jelly. This is a trend that has gained traction across various social media platforms, especially TikTok.
“Jelly skin”, as this appearance is referred to, is the result of deep hydration and the presence of collagen and elastin, giving the skin a healthy shine and elasticity. Such skin seems firm, smooth and full of life, quite the opposite of dry, dull skin.
New care from Korea
Ava Lee, the Korean skincare expert who invented this trend, often points out that achieving jello skin is not a quick process. It requires patience and consistent care, including a balanced diet, outdoor exercise and proper hydration of the body.
Korean facial care step by step
What are the key steps to achieve the jello skin effect?
- Facial cleansing: removing make-up and impurities.
- Exfoliation: getting rid of dead skin cells to reveal healthy skin.
- Toning: restoring the skin’s pH balance.
- Oiling: additional hydration and nourishment.
- Serums and Creams: Using products that help stimulate collagen and increase firmness.
To achieve a jelly-like appearance of the skin, it is worth paying attention to the following products:
- Cream with SPF 50+: protects against UV radiation, which can lead to aging and dry skin.
- Night cream with retinol: stimulates collagen production, reduces wrinkles and improves skin tone. Requires patience to apply.
- Vitamin C serum: acts as an antioxidant, protecting the skin from harmful UV rays.
- Moisturizing masks: extra hydration that helps skin firmness and radiance.
The Korean jello skin trend, combining various methods and products, focuses on long-term and patient care. It is not a process that will give immediate results, but consistency in caring for the skin can lead to a healthy, radiant and smooth jelly-like appearance.