Tomme du Béarn is currently the subject of a recall. This cheese would contain a toxic bacteria, responsible for listeriosis.
Notice to fans of Tomme de Béarn: that of the “Bergers du Haut Béarn” brand should no longer be consumed. According to the Consumer Recall website, this product distributed in the town of Aneth could be contaminated by a dangerous bacteria: Listeria monocytogenes.
Which lot is affected?
This is the Tomme du Béarn Vache Brebis from the Bergers du Haut Béarn brand. The product references are as follows:
- Food / Milk and dairy products TOMME DU BEARN COW SHEETS
- Brand: SHEPHERDS OF HAUT BEARN
- Model or reference: TOMME
- • Lot 282 Date of minimum durability 01/17/2024
- Marketing date: 12/30/2023
- End of marketing date: 01/16/2024
- Storage temperature: Product to be stored in the refrigerator
- Geographical sales area: Anet
- Distributors: TRADITIONS TERROIRS
Listeriosis, a disease that can be serious
This lot has been recalled because it may cause listeriosis, a serious infection caused by the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes.
The Consumer Reminder site therefore invites consumers to “who have consumed the products mentioned above and who present with fever, isolated or accompanied by headaches, and body aches, to consult their doctor and report this consumption“.
Moreover,”serious forms with neurological complications and maternal or fetal damage in pregnant women can also sometimes occur“, the site further specifies.
Fragile individuals (pregnant women, immunocompromised people and the elderly) must therefore be particularly attentive to these symptoms.
The product can be returned to the point of sale for a refund, until the recall procedure ends on February 29, 2024.