Attention sausage lovers! LE GALIBIER brand dry sausage has been recalled since yesterday. Find out the details of the product in question as well as the procedure to follow.
Sold throughout Europe since November 29, 2023, this hazelnut sausage is currently recalled because analyzes would have revealed pieces of glass contained in the product. TipsForWomens explains the procedure to follow if you have purchased the product concerned.
What is the product in question?
- Product category: Food
- Sub-category : Meats
- Marque : THE GALIBIER
- Model or reference: Straight dry sausage with hazelnuts 200g
- GTIN : 3375220203423
- Lot : 331292020
- Minimum durability date: 07/01/2024
- Packaging: Packaging in transparent bag with commercial label
- Marketing start date: 29/11/2023
- Storage temperature: Product to be stored at room temperature
- Health mark: FR 73.215.001 CE
- Geographical sales area: Whole Europe
- Distributors: AUCHAN – CARREFOUR – LECLERC – SYSTEM U – CASINO – INTERMARCHE – CABESTO
- Additional information to identify the product: The batch number and the MDD are indicated in ink on the plastic packaging
What are the risks of consuming this product?
The recall sheet explains that the product presents a risk of containing foreign bodies (pieces of glass). Ingesting a foreign body can lead to two main complications: perforation of the digestive tract due to sharp objects or intestinal obstruction caused by a large object.
If you have this dry sausage, the government’s instructions are to no longer consume it, destroy it or return it to the store. Indeed, the site adds that in “Due to the risk of injury and adverse effects following the ingestion of this product, it is recommended that people who have products belonging to the batches concerned not consume them as a precaution“. It is possible to contact consumer service at the following telephone number: 04.79.25.50.44.
You can also benefit from a refund until the end of the recall procedure set for February 3, 2024.