If you bought these chips for Halloween, be careful! They contain a very hot pepper which could cause you serious problems. TipsForWomens explains.
HOT CHIP CHALLENGE brand spicy chips are currently the subject of a recall. This product can be dangerous because it contains a very hot pepper “capsaicinoid”.
What is the product concerned?
The product affected by this recall has the following information on the label:
- Marque : HOT CHIP CHALLENGE
- Model or reference: All models
- Lot: All lots
- Packaging: Product sold in a coffin-shaped cardboard package
- Start/end date of marketing: from 09/01/2023 to 11/13/2023
- Storage temperature: Product to be stored at room temperature
- Additional information: Instructions for use written in GERMAN
- Geographical sales area: entire Europe
- Distributors: SAS OGUZ DISTRIBUTION 68330 Huningue/Sarl Istanbul Market68300 Saint-Louis /Vosges Markt 88100 Saint Die/GAYAMELI 68000Colmar –
- Website: MyAmericanMarket/mavillemonshopping/Pop’sAmerica/Outlet46.de/myamericanshop/cadeaupoisonné
What are the risks of this product?
Sold on Halloween, these chips are coated with a very hot pepper called “capsaicinoid”. According to the Rappel Conso website: “This product may cause allergic skin, serious eye damage, allergic or asthma symptoms, or difficulty breathing.“. The site recommends handling the product with gloves.
Therefore, this official recall invites you to no longer consume this product and to destroy it. You can also contact the retailer who sold it to you to discuss possible refund terms.
The recall procedure for these chips will end on December 7, 2023.
As a reminder, these chips were the subject of a TikTok challenge at the end of April which had already been the subject of an alert.