Have you ever been concerned about the amount of hair left on your brush or collecting in the sink while washing your hair? Hair loss is a natural phenomenon that each of us faces. However, it is important to recognize when this is a completely normal process and when we are dealing with increased hair loss. In the article below, we present facts and practical tips that will help you take care of your hair health.
Why does hair fall out?
Before we panic, it is worth considering how much hair the average person loses every day. Trichology experts say that natural hair loss ranges from 50 to 150 hairs a day. At this stage, it is worth mentioning that hair goes through three main growth phases: anagen (growing), catagen (transitional) and telogen (resting) phase. In the telogen phase, they fall out to be replaced by new ones.
If you notice that you are starting to lose significantly more than 150 hairs a day for several weeks, then it may be worth taking a closer look. Of course, it’s not about literally counting every single hair, but when you notice a significant increase in the number of hairs falling out, e.g. on the brush, when washing your head or on the pillow – it may be a signal that it is worth taking an interest in the topic.
Factors influencing hair loss
Healthy hair reflects our overall health and also affects our well-being. Here are some factors that may determine their condition and lead to hair loss:
● Hormonal changes – Hormones play a key role in hair growth and health. Pregnancy, menopause or changed thyroid function often lead to changes in hormone levels in the body. For example, estrogen levels increase during pregnancy, which can lead to hair thickening, but after giving birth, when estrogen levels drop, many women experience increased hair loss.
● Stress – stress, both physical and emotional, can lead to a condition where hair loss increases (increased hair loss). It is the body’s reaction to strong stressors, leading to premature hair loss and hair loss.
● Nutritional deficiencies – hair needs the right amount of vitamins and minerals, such as biotin, zinc and iron, to grow healthily. A diet low in these ingredients may lead to weakness and hair loss. It is also impossible not to mention the importance of the right amount of macronutrients, including protein.
● Some medications – some medications available on the market may cause hair loss as a side effect.
● Styling and treatments – contemporary trends often require intensive hair styling. Hot appliances such as straighteners and curlers, especially when used regularly, can damage and break hair. Similarly, frequent dyeing, bleaching or permanent waving can weaken the hair structure, making it more susceptible to damage.
How to strengthen your hair and prevent excessive hair loss?
Healthy, strong and shiny hair is the desire of many of us. Hair, as one of our most important beauty attributes, requires proper care – both from the outside and from the inside.
Introducing products rich in B vitamins, iron, zinc and biotin to your diet can support hair regeneration. Pay attention to nuts, seeds, fish, eggs and green vegetables. The daily diet is complemented by carefully selected and composed supplements. Vitapil® dietary supplement contains as many as 15 active ingredients that help reduce hair loss, stimulate new hair growth and add shine. The composition of Vitapil® has been carefully developed by specialists, thanks to which it helps maintain hair vitality (zinc and biotin), proper condition of the scalp (niacin and iodine) and strong nails (zinc).
Regardless of regular supplementation, it is also recommended to use mild shampoos and avoid excessive styling. Regularly trimming the ends helps maintain the health of your hair (e.g. no pulling or tugging when combing your hair) and eliminates split ends.
Massaging the scalp is also an important and relaxing practice and a way to stimulate blood circulation in the scalp, which can stimulate hair growth. It is also worth mentioning the important skill of coping with stressful situations in order not to lead to increased hair loss. Therefore, it is worth looking for relaxation methods such as meditation, yoga or simply walking.
Hair loss is a natural process, but understanding the standards and factors that can affect the health of your hair will allow you to take appropriate actions to keep it in excellent condition. Remember that your hair health reflects your overall health and body. In addition to a healthy and balanced diet, it is worth remembering to implement comprehensive, multi-ingredient dietary supplements such as Vitapil® or regular scalp massage to stimulate blood circulation in the head. Small changes can bring truly gigantic results.
Material sponsored by:
NUTROPHARMA Sp. z o.o.
street Jedności 10a05-506 Lesznowola
Tel (22) 380 48 01
District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, 14th Commercial Division of the National Court Register: KRS No. 0000030005.