Apple cider vinegar, known mainly as a kitchen ingredient, hides powerful care properties that can work wonders for your skin. It is not only a tasty addition to salads, it is also a brilliant elixir that reduces wrinkles, eliminates age spots and cures acne. You can make it at home using kitchen waste.
Many of us are familiar with apple cider vinegar as a cooking ingredient, but did you know that it can also play a key role in skin care? This natural product can contribute to a healthier, radiant complexion. However, before you start care, it is worth knowing some important information.
Apple cider vinegar for age spots
Age spots, which often appear with age, can become less visible by washing the skin daily with an apple cider vinegar solution. Why does it work? This is due to the alpha-hydroxy acids contained in apple cider vinegar, which help remove dead skin, revealing healthier and more radiant skin. For best results, you can also directly apply the vinegar to your age spots, leave it for 30 minutes, and then rinse your face with cold water. Repeat this treatment twice a day for 6 weeks and the effects will surely surprise you.
Apple cider vinegar in the fight against acne and pimples
Apple cider vinegar may be your ally in fighting acne and pimples. Thanks to its antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties, apple cider vinegar can inhibit the growth of bacteria and prevent skin infections. Thanks to this, your skin can remain healthy and free from acne problems.
Apple cider vinegar and skin pH balance
Regular use of apple cider vinegar helps not only keep the skin clean, but also restores its natural pH balance. This works by removing excess sebum from the skin’s surface and keeping sebum production at the proper level. Thanks to this, the skin is neither too oily nor too dry, which helps maintain its healthy appearance.
Apple cider vinegar in the fight against wrinkles
Regardless of age, many people pay attention to fine wrinkles and furrows on the skin. It turns out that apple cider vinegar can help reduce the appearance of these wrinkles. You should gently wash your face with apple cider vinegar solution, then rinse it with warm water and dry it. Regular use of this treatment can help improve the elasticity and smoothness of the skin.
Apple cider vinegar in removing toxins
Apple cider vinegar is a rich source of many nutrients that help cleanse the skin. It contains acetic acid, lactic acid and malic acid, which have antibacterial and antifungal properties. They help fight skin infections and relieve dryness and inflammation. In addition, apple cider vinegar is a source of beta-carotene, potassium, vitamins and minerals that have a beneficial effect on skin health.
How to make apple cider vinegar at home?
Apple cider vinegar can be made from apple waste, such as apple peels and leftovers. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Apple waste (peels, remains)
- Sugar (optional)
- A large jar or glass container
- Gauze or covering material
- Waste Collection: Start by collecting apple peels and leftovers. Make sure the apples are of good quality, without mold or other damage.
- Preparing the Container: Choose a large jar or other glass container. Clean it thoroughly and steam it to prevent contamination.
- Filling the Container: Place the collected apple waste in a jar, filling it about 3/4 of its capacity. If you have access to sugar, you can also add some sugar (about 1 tablespoon per liter of water) as a food source for the bacteria.
- Adding Water: Pour water over the apple waste until it is completely submerged. Make sure all waste is submerged to avoid mold.
- Covering and Storage: Cover the jar with gauze or other material that allows air exchange but also protects against contamination. Store the jar in a warm, dark place for about 2-4 weeks.
- Mixing and Observing: Stir the contents of the jar daily to ensure even fermentation. You will notice that the liquid will become more and more acidic and will acquire the characteristic taste of apple cider vinegar.
- Taste Check: After 2-4 weeks, taste the vinegar to see if it has achieved the desired flavor. If it is acidic enough, you can transfer it to a bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
- Further Storage: Ready-made apple cider vinegar can be stored in the refrigerator for several months. The longer you store it, the stronger and more flavorful it will become.
Apple vinegar. Precautions, contraindications
Before we start using apple cider vinegar in skin care, we must be careful. It is not recommended to apply pure apple cider vinegar directly to the face as it may cause skin irritation. Instead, it is recommended to dilute it 1:1 with water. Before applying the mixture to your face, it is worth testing it on a small part of the skin, for example on your hand, to make sure it does not cause irritation. In rare cases, apple cider vinegar may react adversely with certain skin types, so caution should be exercised.
Apple cider vinegar, although known mainly as a cooking ingredient, can play a key role in skin care. Its antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as its ability to remove dead skin and restore the skin’s pH balance, make it a valuable addition to your daily care routine. For many people, it is also an economical alternative to expensive cosmetics. However, it is always worth being careful and testing solutions on a small area of the skin before starting regular care. Thanks to apple cider vinegar, we can enjoy healthier, radiant skin, free from many skin problems.