Comté marketed throughout Europe is currently the subject of a recall. It would contain a toxic bacteria, responsible for listeriosis.
Notice to cheese lovers: Comté from the “FRUITIERE A COMTE” brand should no longer be consumed. According to the Conso Recall website, this product could be contaminated by a dangerous bacteria: Listeria monocytogenes.
Saint-Nectaire farmer: details about this cheese
Here is the information about this product:
- Food / Milk and dairy products COMTE
- Brand: COMTE FRUITE
- Model or reference: COMTE FRUITE
- • GTIN 36122022 Lot 36122022 Use-by date 01/17/2024
- Packaging: cheese by the cut 250 -500 grs or kilo
- Marketing date: 12/27/2023
- End of marketing date: 03/01/2024
- Storage temperature: Product to be stored in the refrigerator
- Geographical sales area: entire Europe
- Distributors: FRUITIERE A COMTE EURL LA SAINT CHRISTOPHE 1 GRANDE RUE 39130 CLAIRVAUX LES LACS
Listeriosis, a disease that can be serious
If this cheese is currently recalled, it is because a microbiological control revealed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in this product. This bacteria could cause listeriosisa serious infection.
The Consumer Reminder site therefore invites consumers to “who have consumed the products mentioned above and who present with fever, isolated or accompanied by headaches, and body aches, to consult their doctor and report this consumption“.
Moreover,”serious forms with neurological complications and maternal or fetal damage in pregnant women can also sometimes occur“, specifies the site.
Fragile individuals (pregnant women, immunocompromised people and the elderly) must therefore be particularly attentive to these symptoms. Listeriosis is a disease that can be serious and has an incubation period of up to eight weeks.
Therefore, it is recommended to no longer consume this cheese. You can destroy it or return it to the point of sale to receive a refund.