The fourth evening of Sanremo 2021 brought a mix of emotions, as co-hosts Beatrice Venezi and Barbara Palombelli took the stage alongside Amadeus and Fiorello. With memorable performances and some unexpected moments, this evening left the audience buzzing. Here’s a breakdown of the tops and flops of this pivotal night.
Mahmood: A Remarkable Return
Mahmood, the winner of Sanremo 2019, made a triumphant return to the Ariston stage. His performance showcased not only his extraordinary vocal talent but also his daring fashion choices. Clad in a skirt, Mahmood exuded style and a forward-looking attitude. His medley of hits, a hypnotic blend of dance and music, reaffirmed his status as one of the brightest stars in the Italian music scene.
Achille Lauro: A Stunning Comeback
Achille Lauro, previously criticized for his performance in Sanremo 2020, made a dazzling comeback. He graced the stage with a medley of “I Don’t Care” and “Rolls Royce,” two of his most iconic songs. Dressed in white and accompanied by guitarist Boss Doms, Lauro’s chemistry with his collaborator was undeniable. Their powerful performance ended with a passionate kiss, leaving the audience captivated.
Barbara Palombelli: A Divisive Monologue
Barbara Palombelli’s monologue on women’s rights and her personal experiences left the audience divided. Mixing memories of her past with reflections on the struggles for women’s rights, Palombelli’s words didn’t resonate with everyone. Some viewers took to social media to express their differing opinions. Despite the divide, Palombelli emphasized the importance of determination and resilience in the face of challenges.
Fiorello: The Heart of Sanremo
Fiorello, known for his spontaneity and support for his friend Amadeus, once again proved his mettle. After playfully donning a cloak of flowers in the first evening of Sanremo 2021, he took the stage alongside Roman singer Achille Lauro on the fourth evening. Fiorello’s improvisational skills and unwavering support have made him a driving force behind this year’s festival, setting it apart from the rest.
Amadeus: Mastering the Criticism
Amadeus, the artistic director of the event, faced challenges and criticisms leading up to this evening. Concerns were raised when the program’s end time was slated for 2:39 AM. However, Amadeus adeptly managed the schedule, allowing the evening to conclude shortly after 2 AM. “We have recovered 45 minutes!” he proudly announced, putting an end to the uncertainty.
In conclusion, the fourth evening of Sanremo 2021 was a rollercoaster of emotions, with standout performances and moments that sparked debate. It’s a testament to the festival’s ability to captivate and surprise its audience, keeping the spirit of Sanremo alive and well.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Who won the Sanremo festival in 2019? Mahmood emerged as the winner of the Sanremo festival in 2019, gaining widespread acclaim for his performance.
2. What was notable about Mahmood’s performance in Sanremo 2021? Mahmood’s return to the Sanremo stage in 2021 was marked by his remarkable vocal talent and daring fashion choices, including wearing a skirt during his performance.
3. What was the highlight of Achille Lauro’s performance in Sanremo 2021? Achille Lauro made a stunning comeback with a medley of his hit songs, “I Don’t Care” and “Rolls Royce,” alongside guitarist Boss Doms. Their performance ended with a passionate kiss, leaving a lasting impression.
4. What was the subject of Barbara Palombelli’s monologue? Barbara Palombelli’s monologue centered on women’s rights and her personal experiences, but it received mixed reactions from the audience.
5. Who has been a prominent figure in supporting Sanremo 2021? Fiorello, known for his spontaneity and support for his friend Amadeus, has played a pivotal role in the success of Sanremo 2021, bringing his unique charm to the festival.