Panna cotta light is a light and appetizing spoon dessert. Quick and easy to prepare, it is lighter than the classic panna cotta recipe: the amount of cream is halved, thanks to the Greek yoghurt, which also gives the recipe an extra touch of acidity.
You can enrich your panna cotta in several ways. For example, preparing it from time to time with different dried and fresh fruit, alternating hazelnuts and pistachios with almonds, or adding fresh seasonal fruit.
Finally, you can decorate it with a tasty and crunchy topping like an almond and blueberry crumble. Try our recipe for a healthy, tasty and light dessert at the same time!
The recipe for light panna cotta with yogurt
Panna cotta light
For the panna cotta:
- 200 g yogurt greco
- 100 ml pan
- 260 ml latte
- 110 g sugar
- 5 g isinglass
- 1 vanilla pod
Per il crumble:
- 60 g almonds
- 3-4 wholemeal biscuits
- 10 g light butter
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- mirtilli q.b.
- Soak the isinglass sheets in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the cream and milk in a saucepan, add the sugar, score the vanilla stick and extract the seeds, add them to the stick in the saucepan and heat everything without boiling.
- Then remove from the heat and add the isinglass, now softened and well squeezed, stirring.
- Leave to cool and then pour the mixture, filtering it with a strainer, into a bowl containing yogurt and mix with a whisk to obtain a homogeneous mixture without lumps.
- Then pour it into glasses and place it in the fridge to cool for at least two hours.
- Blend the biscuits and coarsely chop the almonds, add a spoonful of honey and the melted butter and mix to make everything homogeneous.
- Distribute the “crumble” on the glasses with the yoghurt panna cotta, sprinkle them with blueberries and leave to cool for at least another hour before serving.
The nutritional properties of Greek yogurt and almonds
Greek yogurt, compared to classic yogurt, contains a smaller amount of whey, lactose, sugars and sodium and a greater amount of protein. Furthermore:
- It is very rich in probiotics, the lactic ferments which protect the balance of the intestinal bacterial flora. It is therefore especially indicated for people who suffer from bad digestion or a swollen belly. They are useful in fighting constipation and inflammation, but also immune system disorders. They are a panacea in cases of cystitis and candida.
- It is a precious source of mineral salts, especially calcium, essential for correct muscle contraction and bone health;
- It is rich in vitamins, in particular vitamin A, and those of group B (B1, B2, B3, B6, B12) but also vitamins C, J and PP. Vitamin A is particularly beneficial for the functioning of the immune system and nervous system, as well as protecting the health of your eyes.
- According to a recent study published in the American Journal of Hypertension, regularly taking yogurt reduces the risk of developing heart attack and stroke in hypertensive patients.
Almonds are a very energizing dried fruit, for this reason they are recommended for those who play sports, students struggling with exams or in all cases of stress or convalescence. They are rich in omega 3, essential fatty acids for the health of the heart and arteries.
The presence of vitamin E is also good, an antioxidant complex that helps counteract the activity of free radicals and the consequent cellular oxidation.
The light panna cotta with yogurt is Antonella’s idea from the Fotogrammi di Zucchero website.